Bottle Rockets / The Brooklyn Side - REISSUE
IN STOCK AND READY FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPPING.
* Both complete albums + 19 previously unreleased bonus tracks.
* Remastered under the supervision of Eric “Roscoe” Ambel.
* 2 CDs in a double digi-pack.
* 40 page booklet.
One of Paste Magazine's 50 Best Southern Rock Albums of All Time.
The Bottle Rockets’ first and second albums, Bottle Rockets and The Brooklyn Side, are widely revered as not only two of the band’s finest releases, but also two formative, flagship recordings in the nascent era of a now-broadly recognized genre. The band was unceremoniously birthed in 1992 and they very quickly became a forebearer for the new style alongside Uncle Tupelo, Old 97’s, and Whiskeytown.
The songs, stories and sentiments found on these groundbreaking albums sound just as fresh and relevant now as they did when they were first released. The Bottle Rockets never did it the easy way and never compromised their sound or themselves. Always too punk for country audiences, too genuine for the smug irony of the hipster scene, and too smart for the outdoor one-hitter rock festival crowd, The Bottle Rockets remained The Bottle Rockets, and this is a document of where it all started.
Bottle Rockets and The Brooklyn Side are collected here as a remastered two-CD deluxe reissue set of the long out-of-print albums, with an additional 19 previously unreleased tracks. The package consists of an extensive 40-page booklet detailing the band in full context of the ‘90s alt- scene, with editorial contributions from respected peers and fellow musicians such as Steve Earle, Patterson Hood, Lucinda Williams, and many others. Both reissued albums and bonus material have been meticulously remastered under the supervision of famed producer and musician Eric “Roscoe” Ambel.
Disc 1: Bottle Rockets self-titled debut album
1. Early in the Morning
2. Gas Girl
3. Trailer Mama
4. Wave That Flag
6. Every Kinda Everything
7. Got What I Wanted
8. Manhattan Countryside
9. Rural Route
10. Bud Nanney Theme
11. The Very Last Time
12. Hey Moon
13. Lonely Cowboy
14. Indianapolis (1991 Acoustic Demo with Jeff Tweedy & Jay Farrar)
15. Manhattan Countryside (1991 Acoustic Demo with Jeff Tweedy & Jay Farrar)
16. Wallflower (1991 Acoustic Demo with Jeff Tweedy & Jay Farrar)
17. Idiot's Revenge (1991 Acoustic Demo with Jeff Tweedy & Jay Farrar)
18. Dead Dog Memories (Acoustic Demo)
19. Hey Moon (1993 Radio Performance on Thirsty Ear)
20. Get Down River (1993 Radio Performance on Thirsty Ear)
21. White Trash (1989 Chicken Truck Version)
22. Radar Gun (1989 Chicken Truck Version)
23. Lonely Cowboy (1989 Chicken Truck Version)
24. Coffee Monkey (1989 Chicken Truck Version)
25. Wave That Flag (1989 Chicken Truck Version)
26. Brand New Year (1989 Chicken Truck Version)
Disc 2: The Brooklyn Side
1. Welfare Music
2. Gravity Fails
3. I'll Be Comin' Around
4. Radar Gun
5. Sunday Sports
6. Pot of Gold
7. 1000 Dollar Car
8. Idiot's Revenge
9. Young Lovers in Town
10. Take Me to the Bank
11. What More Can I Do
12. Stuck in a Rut
13. I Wanna Come Home
14. Queen of the World
15. This Is What It Sounds Like When You're Listening to Lindsey Buckingham and Thinking of Your Friend's Girlfriend at the Same Time (1994 Acoustic Demo)
16. Building Chryslers (1994 Acoustic Demo)
17. Smokin' 100s Alone (1994 Acoustic Demo)
18. Truck Driving Man (Previously Unreleased Track)
19. Welfare Music (1994 Live at Mercury Lounge)
20. Farmer John (1994 Live at Mercury Lounge)